St. George Final

By Justin Gerard



As some of you may recall, I planned to tackle one of these two final St. George pieces in oil.  This was the piece I chose. 


Oil Underpainting


Things started off really well. But after finishing the underpainting, I ran into some minor health issues...  


Side effects may include...


And I turned into a monster and ate my neighbors.
  
Apparently my problem is that I cannot seem to manage to paint what I want without solvents and solvents just don't agree with me. 
So, while I sit here filing down my fangs and waiting for the manufacturers to solve this problem,  I tackled this piece digitally, in the same manner as the previous St. George painting.  


Digital Underpainting


St. George #10
12 x 16
Pencil and Digital

Labels: