Friday, December 28, 2012

Masters of Contemporary Illustration: Vladyslav Yerko

                                                                 By Petar Meseldzija

Vladyslav Yerko was born in 1962 in Kiev, Ukraine. He lived at his grandmother’s house in the village of Pirniv until he was seven years old and considers this to be the best time of his life. He spent his first year sleeping in a large suitcase, which rested on a chair under a lilac tree, and, likening his childhood to that of Mowgli, from Kipling’s Jungle Book, Yerko says he was raised, not by wolfs, but by “chickens, turkeys and the village cats”! His surroundings – the forest and river, insects and fish – all left a deep and lasting impression on the young boy and to this day, flora, fauna and the diversity of nature’s beauty serve as the wellspring of his inspiration.

Yerko graduated from the Kiev Polygraphic Academy before embarking on his highly successful career as an illustrator.
                              


 












 

Click here for more work from Yerko.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I never saw his work before. I have new favorite artist! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wonderful! I'm so happy to see him featured here! He's one of my favorite illustrators and biggest inspirations. I'm so fortunate to have been able to see some of his originals. And I hope his illustrations for the Little Prince get published finally, because they're magnificent.=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting story and amazing art work of this successful illustrator. I have also never seen his work before and this kind of unique art. Thanks for sharing this inspirational blog.

    Canvas art from topmost art gallery

    ReplyDelete
  4. These posts have helped me find inspiration through truely fantastic artists, who maybe, I never would have heard of. Thank you Petar and everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen an artist use eyes this powerfully in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Guys,

    There are so many beautiful things east (and south-east) of Berlin, that are very little known about in the West.

    The Berlin Wall was destroyed 22 years ago, so you are invited to “go” there and discover all that beauty and richness. You just have to reach out. I am doing what I can to help you with that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can someone please email me Vladyslav Yerko contact details as we would love to work with him on an upcoming publishing project.

    We love his work and think that he would be perfect

    http://www.booksillustrated.com/p/contact-us

    Thanks

    Mike

    ReplyDelete