Monday, August 25, 2014


by Arnie Fenner

I'm working on another slightly long-winded post and pesky old work has gotten in the way to keep me from finishing. So I thought I'd share this video compilation of influential VFX movies as something of a stall: we ran it earlier this year at Spectrum Fantastic Art Live 3 (yes, an announcement about #4 is forthcoming) as a warm up to the working-in-film panel with Wayne Barlowe, Allen Williams, Justin Sweet, Vance Kovacs, and Iain McCaig.

Iain particularly liked the idea of warming the audience up with all the sexy end-results before talking about the realities of the long hours, frustrations, and occasional heartbreak associated with working in the entertainment industry. (Yeah, it was a great panel.)

Anyway, enjoy.


  1. Great post, and thanks for the link to the video!

  2. Hello, I was very encouraged to find this site. The reason being that this is such an informative post.
    Really great blog keep it up.
    Painting cost Nepal
    Colour Nepal
    Color Nepal

  3. Its like you read my mind! You appear to understand so much approximately this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I believe that you simply could do with some percent to power the message house a bit, however instead of that, this is fantastic blog. A great read. I’ll definitely be back.
    Asian Paints Nepal