Saturday, May 14, 2016

Words of Wisdom

I've been going through a bit of an artistic 'funk lately', feeling completely dissatisfied with everything I have been producing. Usually this is just a precursor to growth, but it's always immensely stressful when you're in the midst of it.

I came across this very short clip of David Bowie speaking on the subject of 'Authenticity', and the words resonated with me.

I thought perhaps they would speak to some of you as well...


  1. I hear ya. This is some of the best medicine I've found:

  2. Wow! We get told this or very similar things often in our lives, but very seldom this clearly. Immaculate timing.

  3. hit it right on the head. David Bowie certainly gave us a clear statement about being an artist and it is surely worth giving some serious thought. I have been in a 'rut' myself and this speaks volumes for me as well. Thanks for this.

  4. Dan, if it makes u feel better, I got a tiny present for you from the Andrew Hem opening last night.

    1. Oooh! Thanks, Rich! I was disappointed that I missed being in NYC for the opening by just a few days.

  5. What great words of wisdom. Thank you for sharing!